It finally feels like that time of year when you want to move out of Illinois and head south to warmer places like Miami, Fort Lauderdale or West Palm Beach. So, what should you do during this cold time of year in Evanston, Illinois? Here are five of activites to do during cold weather and on rainy days:
1. Check out the Shedd Aquarium - Head downtown and visit the Shedd Aquarium where you can enjoy seeing tropical fish swiming all around. It will make you feel like you have left Chicago and headed down to the Carribean.
2. Cheer on the Northwestern Wildcats - The Wildcats women's and men's basketball teams are involved in great matchups all throughout January and February. You will see them compete agains their Big Ten rivals.
3. Hit up the local shopping mall - There are always gifts you can buy for friends and loved ones throughout the year, for just no reason at all. One gift you will want to check out is the Brolly umbrella, which is unlike any other rain umbrella that they willl have seen.
4. Explore the Art Institute - It's only a 20 minute journey from Evanston to downtown Chicago and what could be better than spending hours looking at beautiful artwork. If you visit this week, you will see exhibitions on Greek and Roman art.
5. Plan a trip to the Wisconsin Dells - The Dells are a hidden gem in the Midwest that offer the feel of a being in tropical climate and have some many fun activities for children. Once you step onto a water slide, you will never want to leave.
These are just five (5) recommendations to make the most out of this cold and wet season. Enjoy the week ahead!