Y.O.U. is searching for a full-time Senior Development Officer to join our four-person development team. In partnership with our Executive Director, Director of Development, and select Board Members, this Officer will manage a portfolio of mid- and high-level donors and prospects. This Senior Development Officer will establish strong personal relationships with these donors and develop engagement and cultivation strategies that strengthen their connection and giving to Y.O.U.
Primary Responsibilities of the Senior Development Officer include:
- Manage an active schedule of cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship activities for a donor and -prospect portfolio of approximately 100 - 125 individuals.
- Conduct donor and prospects visits for the purpose of qualifying prospects and cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding donors.
- Prepare the Executive Director and select Board Members for donor meetings and solicitations.
- In collaboration with staff and board leadership, identify new prospects who are in a position to be cultivated for major gifts.
- Plan and execute major gift donor cultivation events.
- Prepare dashboard reports to analyze progress toward financial goals. Metrics may include the numbers of prospects in qualification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship; number of prospect/donor visits; and major gift contribution forecasts.
- Identify emerging issues facing Y.O.U. from a private fundraising perspective, and incorporate necessary changes to ensure that our fundraising remains strong.
- Provide ongoing feedback to drive continuous improvement in Y.O.U.’s development function.
- Nurture supportive relationships with Y.O.U. staff and board.
This is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual with the following qualifications:
- A bachelor’s degree and a minimum of five years’ successful experience in fundraising, including two years + successful track record insecuring major gifts from individuals.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including the ability to build deep relationships with donors.
- Extraordinary teamwork and volunteer management skills, including the ability to work with staff and board members, guiding and supporting their efforts to cultivate, solicit and steward major donors.
- Passion for Y.O.U.’s mission of ensuring that all youth have the resources they need to thrive.
- Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to manage multiple priorities with diligence and attention to details.
- Superior verbal and written communications skills
- Prior experience and basic understanding of fundraising software.
- Personal qualities of integrity and credibility.
- Ability to work evenings and week-ends as required.
- This position reports directly to Y.O.U.’s Director of Development.
Y.O.U. is seeking candidates who are drawn to its mission, friendly team atmosphere, and flexible work environment. The salary range is around $50k.
Applicants should visit https://youevanston.wufoo.com/forms/senior-development-officer/ to apply for this position. In addition to the general details requested, applicants are asked to submit a resume and a cover letter describing specifically how their background, skills, education and experience match the needs of Youth Organizations Umbrella, Inc. Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible and no later than December 10, 2012; however, applications will continue to be received until the position is filled.
Founded in 1971, Youth Organizations Umbrella (Y.O.U.) is a leading youth services agency that is based in Evanston, Illinois. We provide a holistic set of services—afterschool and summer learning programs, mental health counseling, mentorship, and street outreach—that empower youth to realize their potential. Each year, we serve 850 low-income youth, ages 8 to 21, and all of our services are provided at no cost.