An Armed Society Is A Polite Society

Concealed Carry becomes reality in Illinois on January 5, 2014. It gives law abiding citizens the right to defend themselves. It also comes with serious responsibilities to obtain training, use proper judgment and follow applicable laws. Flag as Inappropriate

Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors. What's on your mind? What's on your mind? Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell something
Posts awaiting your approval 0
IllinoisLibertarian April 2, 2014 at 09:16 am
Not much detail in that article. Did this happen on his property inside his residence? Gotta loveRead More the anti-gun media jumping all over this. You are going to see a lot of police documented defensive uses by CCW being ignored by the news.
Tantor March 25, 2014 at 08:55 pm
Let us be very very careful with CC here in Illinois. See some young women legally open carryingRead More being harassed by authorities in Missouri; and a pastor legally open carrying a black powder 1858 being illegally arrested in Texas: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVHrpScqHsg http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8UXEFhyBz4
Jordan S. Zoot March 25, 2014 at 08:57 pm
Careful with what...following the law?
Tantor March 25, 2014 at 09:05 pm
In some cases it may not be enough for CC citizens to follow the law because authorities may notRead More genuinely understand it. Look at those videos. Let us be prepared for possible (I hope rare) harassment and keep our cool.
Pete Syracuse March 21, 2014 at 12:32 pm
Good point! The signs only stop the law-abiding, background checked, trained licensees fromRead More carrying. Anyone with the intent to rob or harm others with a gun could care less about permits or signs. They were carrying before the law passed and they still will now. The sign is not a magic forcefield. It just tell criminals that, "No one here will stop you".
IllinoisLibertarian March 22, 2014 at 08:58 pm
The business owners that put these stickers on their windows must have very low IQ's.
Procrustes' Foil March 22, 2014 at 05:19 am
Jordon, it is rare that I agree with you, but this time I do. Your reasoning is sound.Read More Unfortunately, there are too many people in the US who can only solve problems through violence - with or without a firearm.
jim March 19, 2014 at 01:23 pm
When I saw tantors post remembered it. But when I went to the lick he has article talks aboutRead More Madison so I looked again. Didn't like that story thats around where I walk dog at night ;-(
Jordan S. Zoot March 19, 2014 at 01:37 pm
Jim....that's a good example of where concealed carry provides some peace of mind.
Tantor March 19, 2014 at 01:40 pm
Thank you Jim. Better CC when you walk that area, unless your dog is a big guard dog; then thatRead More will be deterrent enough. Curious that the mugging on Madison 900 block took place before the mugging on Ridge, but has not shown up in the DCB. If it does not show up in the future, it will indicate that some crime is not being taken into account to compute our "statistics." With the several muggings that have taken place on Ridge over the last several months, Ridge should get a nickname like that given to the "magnificent" mile in Chicago: "muggers mile." How about "Robbers Ridge."
Guns Banned - Not By Choice
IllinoisLibertarian March 18, 2014 at 06:29 pm
No worries. Just go into the bar on a time of day when they sell more than 50% in food or less thanRead More 50% in alcohol. ; )
Jordan S. Zoot March 18, 2014 at 06:33 pm
There is a specific rule on how the calculation needs to be made though I do appreciate yourRead More approach.
IllinoisLibertarian February 28, 2014 at 07:54 pm
It will be the wild west all over again! The children will seek medication for toxic stress! I won'tRead More be able to go outside! I won't know if he has a gun or just happy! There is a picture of a gun on The Patch, I am so offended!
jim February 28, 2014 at 09:22 pm
Illinoist Doesn't sound like CC will change anything
Jordan S. Zoot February 22, 2014 at 12:15 pm
Thanks for the update
Jordan S. Zoot February 22, 2014 at 12:17 pm
Thanks for the correction.....surprise not an ETHS student but an Evanston resident. Thanks forRead More small stuff.
Dwayne A. Aiken February 23, 2014 at 03:23 pm
"Zoot Suit" is unnerving, ain't he?
Coyote Fur Hat Anyone
IllinoisLibertarian February 14, 2014 at 07:21 am
The only problem with coyotes is that you can't eat them. Well, you could but they would tasteRead More awful. Is there an over population problem with coyotes in IL?
Jordan S. Zoot February 14, 2014 at 07:40 am
Yes there most certainly is an over population in Northern Illinois. This is the most unbiasedRead More article I am aware of http://web.extension.illinois.edu/wildlife/directory_show.cfm?species=coyote
Tantor February 14, 2014 at 10:48 pm
And dont forget we need also more Youth Programs. Evanston does not have enough. And perhaps moreRead More grants for Curt's Cafe. And more subsidies, err, I mean aid, for unmarried mothers. These 16 year olds who tried to rob the off duty policeman with a gun were just, well, "kids," and should have been treated more kindly by the off duty policeman with his concealed weapon.
Jordan S. Zoot February 15, 2014 at 11:40 am
Every single one of them that tries to rob someone needs to be shot in the head and killed. PerhapsRead More when it has happened a couple of dozen times they will start to get the message.
IllinoisLibertarian February 15, 2014 at 11:55 am
One of my Conservative right wing leaning friends said if there were no more Democrat voters thereRead More would be a lot less robberies. It's not true but I had to laugh at that.
Bernadette Krol January 28, 2014 at 01:55 pm
So good even you are outraged, Jordan!
Jordan S. Zoot January 28, 2014 at 04:01 pm
Bernadette....that is exactly why I posted the article.....the right to own firearms doesn't grant aRead More person a hunting license for other human beings...my views on that point have always been clear. That is part of the reason I choose to post the article....its a clear example of where someone was outside the law, and the existing laws on the books were applied as they should have been. Who wouldn't be outraged in a situation like the one described in the article.
IllinoisLibertarian January 29, 2014 at 06:30 am
Even if those dudes were on his own land he would have taken too extreme of measures by shootingRead More them. I hope he is thrown in jail and the cell key flushed down the toilet.
Gunbroker.com Selling Firearms on Patch
Jordan S. Zoot January 26, 2014 at 11:28 am
You probably need to take up the ghost guns with them directly..and if they do point you in theRead More right direction let me know I want one.
Nancy Murphy January 26, 2014 at 05:54 pm
ILLibertarian is anything but. No real liberertarian would approve a government monopoly on weapons.Read More The 2nd amendment was intended to ensure that free citizens have the means to resist despotic governments. That includes guns with large capacity magazines.
IllinoisLibertarian January 26, 2014 at 08:33 pm
Nancy, it was sarcasm. I like the end of your comment though.
IllinoisLibertarian January 22, 2014 at 06:34 am
But, what about the children and the guns causing them toxic stress?
Jordan S. Zoot January 22, 2014 at 07:31 am
And the stress we have not being able to shoot locally?
jim January 13, 2014 at 09:53 pm
Perhaps the Mayor's committee could get a fire arms store at old Dominick's at Dempster/Dodge
IllinoisLibertarian January 13, 2014 at 10:20 pm
S- Ha! That would be a whopper of a gun store! They could put in a drive through window for ammoRead More purchases.
John Chrusciel February 11, 2014 at 12:27 pm
I think a gun store in Evanston would be great. But more than a store, I would like to see one withRead More a gun smithing department, a range (pistol and rifle) and a classroom for instruction. A set up like that would generate a great deal of revenue for the city and I would much rather shop Evanston than shop Des Plaines or Lombard.
IllinoisLibertarian December 25, 2013 at 06:55 pm
It has been a long wait. Very over due. The problem is that you cannot carry on publicRead More transportation which makes this law useless for a lot of people who actually need it.
Jordan S. Zoot December 25, 2013 at 07:57 pm
I understand your frustration, however, for now we have the law and it needs to be followed to theRead More letter. Hopefully, over time, the law will be modified to meet the real needs of individuals, in the mean time, if we expect incremental change we need to cooperate with what is there.
Jordan S. Zoot December 16, 2013 at 04:20 pm
Hmm..no comment on a solution that works.....I probably ought lower my expectations.
IllinoisLibertarian December 16, 2013 at 06:20 pm
I assume the program worked? Sounds like a good idea to me. But, Zoot, if you banned all firearms weRead More wouldn't need these programs, right? (sarcasm) I don't see how the Westside community would be against this, they seemed to be for a useless assault weapons ban, right? Why not heavier penalties for illegal guns?
Jordan S. Zoot December 17, 2013 at 04:44 am
They will assert that the program is racist.