Invite a friend
BOARD C-SPAN’S CAMPAIGN 2012 INTERACTIVE BUS AT THE MCGAW YMCA
Community members can join the thousands who have toured the C-SPAN Campaign 2012 Bus when it stops outside the McGaw YMCA, 1000 Grove Street on Tuesday, August 14th, from 10:00am to 12:00pm on its “Road to the White House” tour.
This is a free community event. Visitors will learn about the following programming and resources via HD TVs, touch screen computers, laptops, and mobile devices, all inside the bus:
- C-SPAN’s Campaign 2012 website, including video of candidates and campaign events, information on key state races and the electoral college and ways to follow the social media related to the campaign
- C-SPAN’s in-depth public affairs event coverage
- C-SPAN’s web offerings, including archived video going back to 1987 through C-SPAN’s vast Video Library and Congressional Chronicle
- Many ways to connect with C-SPAN on the go including Facebook, Twitter, Foursquare, YouTube, XM Radio, and iPhone and Blackberry apps.
The McGaw YMCA encourages the community to visit the bus and learn about the political process that affects us all. The bus does not support or promote any party or candidates. The goal is to promote the resources and access to knowledge about public affairs and our democratic process that C-Span provides. Our hope is that our youth, in particular, will visit the bus and further their understanding of how our political system works and how important it is that they participate. Teachers, youth organizations, civic group leaders, and first-time voters will all find many useful resources on the bus.
The Chicago events are produced in partnership with Comcast, and there will also be information available about low-cost access to the internet for families that qualify for free and reduced-cost lunches at school.
More About McGaw YMCA
For over 125 years, the McGaw YMCA has been serving Evanston community members, offering an assortment of facilities and programs for both children and adults. At the Grove Street location, the McGaw YMCA, members receive access to a number of athletic facilities and equipment including a fully equipped fitness center, two swimming pools, basketball courts and a track and field gymnasium. The McGaw YMCA also provides a variety of athletic programs including marathon training, Pilates and martial arts classes for adults, as well as youth indoor soccer and basketball leagues. For more information, or to become a member, please contact the McGaw YMCA at the provided telephone number or visit the website.
Other events here
- Emerging Leaders in Philanthropy Weekly on Wednesdays, 7:00 pm–8:30 pm