Invite a friend
FAFSA Application Help for College Aid Jan. 10
Not sure how to fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) form to apply for college financial aid? The Evanston Public Library will host representatives from the Illinois Student Assistance Commission (ISAC) who will walk you through the FAFSA applications step by step. ISAC mentors will also help you navigate the forms and offer advice on preparing your FAFSA application for submission.
Filling out FAFSA: Step by Step - Thursday, January 10, 7-9 pm, Third Floor Computer Lab, Main Library, 1703 Orrington Ave.
You will need to bring:
- Your Social Security Number (or alien registration number);
- Your Driver's License (if any);
- Student and parent(s) 2011 or 2012 tax and W2 forms;
- Child support paid or received or any other untaxed income;
- Student and parents' current balances of cash, savings and checking;
- Student and parents' asset information (stocks, bonds, 529 savings plans and all other investment information);
- Parents' birthday, date of marriage/separation/divorce (if applicable); and
- A 4 digit PIN to act as your electronic signature.
Bilingual assistance will be available at this program. If all of your questions aren't answered at this program, you can sign up for one-on-one sessions at the Library with an ISAC mentor on January 11 or 19. For teens and their parents. Please register here>>> as space is limited!
|Where||Evanston Public Library 1703 Orrington Ave, Evanston, IL 60201|
|Next on||This event is over.|
|Time||7:00 pm–9:00 pm|
|Who to bring||College Students, Moms, Dads, Teens|
More About Evanston Public Library
The Evanston Public Library was founded in 1873. It has three floors full of fiction, non-fiction, academic, and teen books. It also has a wide selection of magazines, periodicals, music, and movies. In addition, regular used book sales take place, and donated books, movies, and music are always accepted. Evanston Public Library has computers for the public to use, and meeting rooms that can be reserved. Library cards are free to Evanston residents, Evanston property tax payers, and Evanston businesses.
Other events here
- May Weekend Family Films: The Spiderwick Chronicles May 18, 2013 / May 19, 2013, 2:00 pm
- FREE Mentoring for Small Businesses and Start Ups Weekly on Mondays and Wednesdays, 2:00 pm–4:00 pm
- EPL International Film Festival: Found Memories Mon, May 20, 7:00 pm
- CJE Senior Life Counseling March 19, 2013 / April 16, 2013 / May 21, 2013 / June 18, 2013, 10:00 am–12:00 pm
- Time for Twos Weekly on Tuesdays, 10:15 am–10:45 am
- FREE Mentoring for Small Businesses and Start Ups Weekly on Thursdays, 5:30 pm–7:30 pm
- Author Carrie Goldman at EPL to Discuss Bullied Wed, May 29, 7:00 pm
- EPL: Raising Boys Book Group Thu, May 30, 7:45 pm–9:00 pm
- EPL After Hours: Lincoln Fri, Jun 7, 6:00 pm–8:30 pm
- Iron Jawed Angels Sat, Jun 8, 2:00 pm–4:05 pm