Hungry for art or just plain hungry?
Be sure to include Evanston’s Fountain Square Art Festival, the NorthShore’s oldest juried art fair in your summer places-to-visit plans. The fest runs on Saturday and Sunday, June 28 and 29th.
In addition to over 150 artists from a variety of media, there will be food and drink for purchase while strolling or enjoying a lineup of top flight musicians.
Food vendors include:
- J.T.’s Bar and Grill—Burgers and Beer
- Farmhouse—Homemade sausage, draft beer and cider beer
- Tomate Fresh—Taco, empanadas, sangria, margaritas
- Nothing Bundt Cakes—Fabulous individually- sized bundt cakes in a variety of flavors
- World of Beer—Beer, of course
- Outshine fruit and veggie bars and Cupcake Wines will be sampling festival goers.
The Fountain Square Art Festival is presented by the Evanston Chamber of Commerce and has become a mainstay of the NorthShore summer fair season. In addition to art and food, a full line-up of musical offerings will entertain fest goers from noon each day.
A NEW FamilyFest Activity Area will feature interactive art for children and adults, under the guidance of the creative folks of the Evanston Art Center, Adirondack chairs for lounging, the City of Evanston’s Mobile Water Station for eco-friendly water bottle fill-ups and a “selfie” station with an eye-popping background. The exciting art project is sponsored by Evanston’s Bottle and Bottega and Good’s of Evanston. In addition, representatives from LifeSource will be on hand Sunday. Volunteer opportunities are available for both days.
For more information, go to evchamber.com or follow Twitter #FtnSqArtFest for last minute additions and changes.