Chuckles is a fine example of the Beagle tribe—curious, independent and persistent. Chuckles may be an Elder Beagle, but he's still incredibly active, agile and ready for daily walks. "That way I can put my nose to work and exercise my heart and legs, too," Chuckles says (or would say if he could talk).
Since he's such a sociable dog, Chuckles really likes having a person around to keep him company. "Everyone who meets me says I’m friendly and affectionate, and ready to make you laugh with my bubbly personality," Chuckles says. "If you’re looking for a buddy with an optimistic attitude and a sense of adventure—it could well be me!"
- Beagle, 10-12 years old, Neutered male.
- ASPCA Canine-ality™ Assessment rating: Orange / Busy Bee
- Medium size/weighs 40 lbs. Needs to lose weight.
- Children 10 and up so Chuckles isn’t overwhelmed.
- Chuckles is okay with cats but he doesn’t like other dogs.
- Attendance in D.O.G. Obedience class is required.
- Housebreaking: Chuckles needs minimal housebreaking.
- Chuckles is neutered, microchipped and has had a full veterinary checkup and vaccines. He is being monitored for thyroid issues, and would be a trial adoption until medically cleared.
C.A.R.E. to Meet Chuckles?
Please come to C.A.R.E., 2310 Oakton St., Evanston, to meet Chuckles and speak to an adoption counselor. Adoption hours are Monday through Thursday, 6-8 p.m., and Saturday and Sunday, noon-3:30 p.m.
'Like' C.A.R.E. on Facebook for more pet updates and news.