Did someone in your family recently get married or engaged? At Patch, we want to hear the good news -- and help you share it!
You can do just that in Patch's Announcements section, which is totally free and easy to use. Announcements are like user-submitted articles on Patch, with a space to include photos and the ability to link to other websites.
Want an example? Check out this announcement for the wedding of Elaine Tracy LaFayette and David Andrew Kalvelag. (Congrats, Elaine and David!)
To post your own announcement, follow these easy steps:
- Log in to Patch (if you don't have a user name, you can sign up by clicking the words "sign in" at the top right corner of the home page.)
- Under the "News" tab, click on "Announcements"
- Once on the announcement page, locate the "Add An Announcement" button, located in the top right-hand corner of the page
- Fill in the required fields and add any photos, videos and links, and then click on the "Post My Announcement" link at the bottom of the page.
- You're good to go. Be sure to spread the word about your announcement on Facebook and Twitter!
Announcements are also a great way to spread other news as well. Patch readers can also post free announcements for:
- School accomplishments such as honor roll, scholarships and graduations
- Lost and found notices such as lost property or pets
- Honoring a loved one with a memorial or death notice
- Promotions at a company or organization
- Thank yous from people, businesses or organizations
- Finding volunteers around town
Just remember, our Terms of Service state that announcements should be for personal use and not for advertising.
So what are you waiting for? Let's work together to make Evanston Patch chock-full of useful information. To post an announcement, CLICK HERE.
And while we certainly don't want to beat a dead horse here, we'd also like to remind you that posting events in our community calendar is also FREE. To post an event, CLICK HERE.