Some cats are mooches for attention. Other cats, like C.A.R.E. cat Angie, prefer to call the shots.
Angie, a striking, "Rubenesque" tortie/calico mix, arrived at C.A.R.E. due to a disagreement between her and the other resident cats. But she loves and respects people. If you sit down, Angie will make a beeline for your lap and some cuddles.
That said, Angie is a cat who expects a little respect. She can be quite opinionated and talkative, as C.A.R.E. volunteers have noted. If you do something that she doesn't appreciate (like trying to pet her tummy) she'll let you know she doesn't like it.
Angie shines when it comes to supervising. She's in her element when hanging out in the C.A.R.E. office, leading us to surmise that she aspires to be a secretary cat, or better yet, an office manager cat. And we know that Angie will excel at whatever career path she embarks on.
The first step, of course, relies on someone who can appreciate Angie's charms and abilities enough to spring her out of the shelter. Could that be you...?
- Domestic Shorthair, 7 years old, Tortoiseshell/Calico mix, Spayed female
- ASPCA Feline-ality™ Assessment rating: Orange / Sidekick
- Angie would prefer to be a single cat. She finds most other cats annoying.
- Angie could go to a home with respectful children over 10.
- Angie is microchipped, spayed, and has had a full veterinary checkup and vaccines.
C.A.R.E. to Meet Angie?
Please come to C.A.R.E., 2310 Oakton St., Evanston, to meet Angie and speak to an adoption counselor. Adoption hours are Monday through Thursday, 6-8 p.m., and Saturday and Sunday, noon-3:30 p.m.
'Like' C.A.R.E. on Facebook for more pet updates and news.