The Evanston Green Living Festival is an annual event presented by the Evanston Environmental Association (EEA) and the City of Evanston, with financial and in-kind assistance from an outstanding group of Sponsors. The festival is held to present green products, services and ideas that help attendees lower their carbon footprint.
The 2012 Evanston Green Living Festival will present a wide spectrum of green exhibitors, plenty of fun activities for adults and children, and a healthy selection of food and drinks. This unique environmentally-focused event will feature the following attractions:
- A special focus on Water as a precious resource. This year's theme is "Water - Conserving and Protecting It!"
- The Green Market - nearly 4000 square feet of covered outdoor space featuring exhibits by over 80 participating green businesses and organizations
- The NU Tiny House - an 128 square foot totally sustainable house built by students from Northwestern University that will brought to the festival for the enjoyment and education of our attendees
- One or more presentations by industry experts on timely environmental topics
- Alternative Energy Displays including the latest in sustainable energy options including a residential wind turbine, solar panels, and other green energy demonstrations
- Alternative Transportation Demos - hybrids, all-electric cars, and other forms of transportation that can be used to reduce your carbon footprint
- A Green Silent Auction of items generously provided by local green vendors and organizations
- Plenty of fun activities that will keep kids (and their parents) entertained
- Free bicycle rickshaw rides for all attendees
- Delicious Food and Refreshments
- Secure Bike Parking
We invite you, your friends, and family to come to the 2012 Evanston Green Living Festival. You'll have a great time and can help us make it the biggest and best festival ever!