In its quarterly economic report, the city also reported an unemployment rate of 6.8 percent in July and 7.3 percent in August, as compared to 9.8 percent in July statewide and 8.7 percent in August statewide.
All told, the city reports that 53 businesses have opened in Evanston since the first of January 2013.
The most recent new business openings include:
- Lighthouse Yoga & Acupuncture, 1234 Sherman Ave.
- Francesca's Collections (new location), 1631 Sherman Ave.
- Food 4 Less Fuel Center, 2420 Main St.
- Second Time Around, 900 Church St.
- Regus, 1603 Orrington Ave.
- Envy, 522 Dais St.
- Heartwood Center/Skylight (expansion), 1818 Dempster St.
- Mill Creek Miniatures, 1127 Florence Ave.
- Cameo Nail & Spa, 2928 Central St.
- Forever Yogurt, 1739 Sherman Ave.
- Temperance Beer Company, 2000 Dempster St.
- Sam's Auto Repair, 2311 Main St.
- Pepperpot restaurant, 1623 Simpson St.
- Pure Barre Evanston, 920 Davis St.
- Blue Pearl Stone, 517 Dempster St.
- Trader Joe's, 1211 Chicago Ave.
- Dragonfly Collections, Inc., 1309 Chicago Ave.
- Kazoom, 1940 Dempster St.
- Not Fade Away, 1104 Davis St.