Last year, Patch columnist Christine Wolf made a list of things she was thankful for on Thanksgiving day. This Thanksgiving, we're reprinting her list and asking readers to chime in. What are you thankful for this year?
- Friends who trust me to keep a copy of their house keys (and those willing to keep copies of mine).
- Three amazing children and a husband of twenty years who cleaned the entire kitchen after Thanksgiving.
- Living in and writing about Evanston.
- My health -- and health insurance.
- My parents, sisters, aunts and uncles, nieces and nephews.
- My dog, Jack.
- Indoor plumbing.
- All the ups and downs in life; they sure keep things interesting.
- Comcast internet (when it works).
- My mother's cranberry apple pie.
- A sense of humor.
- Your eyeballs on these words.
- A song that 1) makes me want to dance AND 2) sends an awesome message.
- Freedom of speech.
- The fact that I won't be anywhere near the Black Friday shoppers.
- The person who shot the video of this basketball game...
And that's just a start.