It's amazing how it can go from 40 degrees on Saturday to less than 10 degrees today. If you are like me, then you probably can get restless or go into work mode when the weather is this cold outside (especially when it is a holiday). Here are some fun activities that you can do to make the most out of this frigid weather.
1. Start a new book - There is nothing like opening up a new book and diving in. This is one of those activities that you can spend hours on end doing and you will love every moment of it. Check out Amazon.com for some great new book selections or visit your Evanston Barnes and Noble store.
2. Pull out an old board game - I have tons of board games that are sitting in my basement and when I pull one out, it is very nostalgic for me. If you have friends or family that are inside with you, then a board game is the perfect activity to take part in on a cold Winter day. My favorites are Monopoly, life or Trivial Pursuit.
3. Blog on your favorite subjects - Visit the sites you are most passionate about and share your feelings. For me, I love weather, especially when it rains. As such, you will often find me blogging on People for rain and sharing my memorable rain experiences.
4. Just sit around the kitchen table and talk - In today's age of technology, people often lose track of the basic things of just conversing with another human being. A cold day is the perfect opportunity to just sit with family and friends and catch up on each others' lives.
5. Go and see a movie - The latest movies I have seen are Zero Dark Thirty and Les Miserables. I would definitely recommend Les Mis, but I was not a big fan of Zero Dark Thirty (surprising since so many people loved it). There is nothing better than spending the afternoon with a bowl of popcorn and a box of Goobers.
Happy MLK Day!