.

Local Apartment Evacuated After High Levels of Carbon Monoxide Reported

Firefighters responded to the 10000 block of Old Orchard Road regarding an apartment complex with high levels of carbon monoxide on Friday. There were no injuries reported.

The village of Skokie issued a press release regarding an apartment complex that had high levels of carbon monoxide on Friday. While there were no serious injuries, five adults and a child were treated at Skokie Hospital. They are currently in “good” to “fair” condition, according to the Skokie Fire Department.

Firefighters responded to the 10000 block of Old Orchard Court around 8:35 a.m. The complex was immediately evacuated and 12 to 18 residents were taken to a warming area while personnel mitigated the situation

Apparently, the high levels were due to multiple leaks in the flue of the boiler and hot water heaters.

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »