Update: 9:29 p.m.
The final tally is in and voters have said no to funding a new District 65 school building.
With all 61 precincts reporting, the 'no' vote won with 55 percent of the vote, a margain they maintained most of the evening. That came out to a total of 1,401 votes more than those supporting the referendum.
See the table below for full results.
Upate: 9:21 p.m.
With all but two of the 61 precincts reporting, the 'no' vote continues to have the lead, which has widened to 1,437 votes.
With 54 of 61 precincts reporting, the same 55 percent to 45 percent margain is being maintained between the no and yes votes. That's a 1,200 vote difference.
Update 8:15 pm.
With 44 of 61 precincts reporting, those opposed to funding a new D65 school are maintaining a 10 percentage point lead over those in favor of the new school.
Update: 7:48 p.m.
With 23 out of 61 precincts reporting, the race has been remaining steady, with the "no" vote continuing to lead by 10 percent.Result Total Votes Percentage Yes 2,242 45% No 2,685 55%
Update: 7:37 p.m.
Admittedly, these are very early results. But, with 2 of 53 precincts reporting,it's a close race so far:
Update: 7:01 p.m.
The polls just closed. We'll get results out to you as soon as we hear something. Stay tuned.
Evanston voters are being asked to fund a new D65 school.
Read our previous coverage of the issue and comments from neighbors here: