The Evanston City Council has a number of public matters they plan to address at Tuesday's meeting.
- A summary presentation of the 2012 Youth Summer Program by the Parks Recreation and Community Services Department and the Evanston Public Library.
City Council will consider:
- Authorizing an amount up to $80,000 to encourage a career path for 15 unemployed young adults, ages 18-26, through career counseling, educational and transportation support over a two year period.
- Approving the actuarial valuation for the 2012 Tax Levy: $6,126,383 for the Firefighters' Pension Fund and $8,109,454 for the Police Pension Fund.
- Adjusting its future goals through possible changes, additions or deletions.
- Implementation of economic development goals for 2013.
The meeting will be held on Tuesday, Sept. 18 at 7 p.m. at the Lorraine H. Morton Civic Center, 2100 Ridge Ave.
Future city meetings:
Wednesday, Sept. 19 at 6 p.m. Minority, Women & Evanston Business Enterprise Participation (MWEBE)
Wednesday, Sept. 19 at 7 p.m. Citizen Budget Input Session