This year's free summer concert series, the Starlight Concerts, includes everything from garage rock to gypsy jazz.
Chicago country band the Waco Brothers opens the festival with a performance Thursday, June 14, at , 300 Dodge Avenue in Evanston. Concerts continue throughout the summer every Thursday from 7 to 9:30 p.m., alternating between six local parks.
In case of rain, alternate site information can be obtained by calling by calling 847/448-8258, 847/448-8260 or 847/448-4311.
Here's this year's lineup, with band notes provided by the city of Evanston:
- Waco Brothers: Chicago alt country favorites: Johnny Cash meets the Clash, June 14, James Park
- Juneteenth Day Celebration: Four urban contemporary groups: T-Dot, Da G-Twinz, Slique and T.L. Williams, June 19, Harbert Park
- JT and the Clouds: Roots rock with a touch of Memphis soul, June 21, James Park
- Expo '76: Covers of dusties & one-hit wonders, June 26, Bent Park
- Western Elstons: Western swing & honky-tonk, June 28, James Park
- The O'My's with The Loneliest Funk: Soul, hip-hop and blues, July 10, Twiggs Park
- ? and the Mysterians: Garage rock legends, July 12, James Park
- Paul Green School of Rock: Kids cover classic rock, July 17, Harbert Park
- Reverend Peyton's Big Damn Band: country blues, July 19, James Park
- Alfonso Ponticelli & Swing Gitan: Gypsy jazz, July 24, Dawes Park
- Andrew Williams & the Goldstars: Down & dirty R&B, July 26, Brummel Park
- Ken Arlen's Indigo: Contemporary dance hits, July 31, Dawes Park
- Taj Weekes & Adowa: Reggae from St. Lucia, August 7, Dawes Park
- South Boulevard with Impressions of MJ: Blues rock, August 9, Twiggs Park
- Musikanto: Experimental folk troubadour, August 14, Dawes Park
- Archie Powell & the Exports: Power pop, August 21, Dawes Park