A job fair for the Mayor's Summer Youth Employment Program will be held from 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. on Saturday, April 21 at the Morton Civic Center, 2100 Ridge Ave., Evanston.
This program is geared to Evanston youth age 14-18 years. In order to be eligible to attend the job fair, youth must be enrolled in school and be at least 14 years of age when the Youth Employment Program begins in mid-June 2012.
Job applications may be downloaded in advance (click here>>>), picked up at the informational meetings listed below, or filled out at the Job Fair on April 21. All applications must be submitted in person at the Job Fair.
For more information about job opportunities or the job fair, please visit one of the following locations:
• Evanston Township High School: Friday, March 16, 11:00 a.m. – 1:15 p.m.
Locations: Beardsley, Michael and Boltwood lunch rooms, in front of the Supt’s office and by door 31.
US Department of Labor - Summer Jobs
Staff will be at the following locations from 5:30-7:30 p.m.:
• Fleetwood-Jourdain Community Center – Monday, April 9
1655 Foster St.
• North Branch Evanston Library, Monday, April 9
2026 Central St.
• Main Evanston Library Teen Loft, Monday, April 9 through Thursday, April 12
1703 Orrington Ave.
• Robert Crown Community Center – Tuesday, April 10
1701 Main St.
• Levy Senior Center – Wednesday, April 11
300 Dodge Ave.
• Chandler-Newberger Center – Thursday, April 12
1028 Central St.
• The Mighty Twig – Thursday, April 12
900 Chicago Ave.
• Ecology Center – Friday, April 13
2024 McCormick Blvd.
For more information, please call Knetra Shaw at 847.448.8049 or email email@example.com.
To volunteer at the job fair, click here.
Youth Engagement Initiative
As part of its Strategic Plan, the City of Evanston has begun programming surrounding development of its Youth Engagement Initiative. Staff used the objectives outlined in the following goals as a model to develop a vision for the Youth Engagement Initiative:
* Goals 3: Generating marketable job skills for Evanston residents; and
* Goal 12: Provide opportunities for and engage Evanston youth and young adults to become active and productive citizens of the Evanston Community.
Provide opportunities for all Evanston youth and young adults to become active and productive citizens of the community through strengthening existing youth services, establishing a network of service partnerships, increasing participation within the available opportunities, creating marketable job training and placement and increasing the opportunities for social and recreational outlets for disengaged youth.
For more information, please contact the Youth Engagement Office at 847.448.8049 or firstname.lastname@example.org