Better break out your beach towel and the sunblock before it's too late. Evanston city beaches close for the season at 7:30 p.m. Monday, Sept. 3, 2012.
From the north end of the city to the south, six beaches are open to residents with a day pass or a season pass:
- - Central St. at Sheridan Rd.
(2611 Sheridan Rd.)
- - Clark St. at Sheridan Rd.
(1811 Sheridan Rd.)
- Dog Beach - Church St at the lakefront
(1631 Sheridan Rd.)
- Greenwood Street Beach - Greenwood St. at the lakefront
(1401 Sheridan Rd.)
- - Lee St. and Lake Shore Blvd.
(1111 Lake Shore Blvd.)
- - South Blvd. at the lakefront
(525 Sheridan Square)
Beaches open at 10:30 a.m. Monday, provided weather, waves or bacteria counts don't close the lakefront. Check the city's beach status website for regular updates.