Your patience is running low, your frustration is running high, and your kid is running everywhere! We’ve all had bad days when we’ve used up everything in our bag of tricks and nothing seems to calm the craziness. Managing your child’s difficult behavior can be overwhelming, especially when it is a constant battle. Often when children aren’t behaving well on the outside, they aren’t feeling well on the inside. If time-outs and other traditional discipline methods don’t seem to be working, trying another approach is probably a good idea.
Learn to manage your child’s behavior the THERAPLAY® way!
- Integrate playful, reciprocal interactions to enhance your child’s self-esteem and sense of well-being, and therefore decrease negative behavior
- Help your child to feel more comfortable accepting your guidance and leadership
- Move away from constant rewards and threats of punishment
- Discipline in a way that fosters learning, rather than making your child feel ashamed and vengeful
- Nip negative behaviors in the bud without being punitive
To get more information and learn HOW to use these strategies with your child, join us for a Parent Workshop on Thursday, September 20, 2012, at The Theraplay Institute in Evanston. The Theraplay Institute’s Clinical Director, Dafna Lender, MSW, LCSW will be presenting. The cost is $25 per person and space is limited, so register now. You can register by calling Janet Koestring at 847.256.7334 or on the web by clicking HERE.
The Theraplay Institute is located at 1840 Oak Ave, Suite 320, Evanston, IL, 60201. To learn more about Theraplay, visit www.theraplay.org, join us on Facebook, or contact Allison Levine, Clinical Coordinator at The Theraplay Institute at 847.256.7334 or at email@example.com.