Big hearts, small packages. That describes Rover to a T. This wee Jack Russell mix may be shy at first, but once he gets to know you, his sunny personality will come leaping out.
C.A.R.E. volunteers find Rover to be a "playful and affectionate boy who needs reassurance." They love how Rover "checks in to be sure everything is O.K." Rover loves meeting and greeting other small dogs at the shelter.
For a small fellow, Rover is quite athletic with quick movements and mad high-jump skills. (Olympics, anyone?)
To help build Rover's confidence, he'll need to attend Dog Obedience Group puppy class with you.
- Jack Russell Mix, 1.5 years old, neutered male
- ASPCA Canine-ality™ Assessment rating: Orange / Wallflower
- Rover weighs about 15 lbs.
- Rover's ideal family would have children aged 10 and up so he isn’t overwhelmed.
- Rover is okay with cats, and needs work with same-size dogs due to his inexperience.
- Attendance in D.O.G. Obedience Puppy class is required.
- Rover will needs housebreaking training.
- Rover is neutered, microchipped and has had a full veterinary checkup and vaccines.
C.A.R.E. to Meet Rover?
Please come to C.A.R.E., 2310 Oakton St., Evanston, to meet Rover and speak to an adoption counselor. Adoption hours are Monday through Thursday, 6-8 p.m., and Saturday and Sunday, noon-3:30 p.m.
'Like' C.A.R.E. on Facebook for more pet updates and news.