Evanston History Center
Drag box to select area
100% Were impressed
The Evanston History Center is housed in the National Historic Landmark, Charles Gates Dawes House. From 1909-1957, the house was home to the Vice President of the U.S., Charles Dawes and his family. Built in 1894, the house is located near the lakeshore and incorporates many classic Tudor and Jacobean design elements. At over three stories tall, the house has six bedrooms, a formal dining room, parlors, and library. The ground floor of the house is furnished with the Dawes' family furniture, artwork, and other items. The house is open for docent-led tours. The house also contains a research room, open to the public, and exhibits. Lectures and other events are hosted throughout the year. Please visit www.evantstonhistorycenter.org for more information.
225 Greenwood St, Evanston, IL 60201
- Hours: Thurs-Sun: Tours at 1pm, 2pm and 3pm