Music Institute of Chicago
The only independent music school in Illinois, the Music Institute of Chicago is National Association of Schools of Music accredited, and this is the Evanston East location. Set apart from other music schools, The Music Institute prides itself on its exceptional faculty and non-discriminatory musical instruction—people of all ages and abilities are welcome to attend classes and therapies at the Music Institute. Their Evanston-East campus contains ten soundproof teaching studios and rehearsal rooms, a reading and listening library, administrative offices, and the elegant Nichols Concert Hall that boasts excellent acoustics and seating for 550.
- Fax: 847-905-1502
- Hours: Hours vary by class and events
- Number of students: 5,000
- Public/Private: Private
- Financial aid: Yes
- Acceptance rate (%): 100
- Accreditation/licenses: Accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music with a number of nationally distinguished instructors.
- Parking: On-street: free, On-street: metered
- Number of faculty: Nearly 200
- How engaged is the school with the community?: The Music Institute of Chicago possesses deep ties to benefiting local communities through outreach partnerships with schools and churches that bring the joy of music to more than 4,700 economically and culturally disadvantaged youth.